It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 pm 
Acclaimed member

Actually might be shaping up to be a good deal for all parties concerned. Arsenal clearly can't find a use for this guy's talents and he will never really give us more than he already does; Ox needs new motivation and new team style to find this way; Liverpool might be a good place for him, and certainly far better than Chelsea where he'd probably have disappeared within 6 months. 40m is a good price for this guy.

Of course, now all of a sudden we get all these reports of how we're broke and we have to make a profit on transfers somehow to make up for CL money... hey, I guess it's the stadium era again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:24 pm 
Acclaimed member

If going back to four at the back then fine (well not fine given Wenger sets us up), Oxlade becomes a squad player again and we get a good fee for one that wants to leave, if staying as a 3 then this is a disaster. Oxlade gets a manager who may be able to get rather more out of him and the chance for central midfield he dearly wants though I fear that central midfield dream is a mistake. Liverpool get a player they can still mold, versatile option and who Klopp seems to be a fan of.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:21 pm 

Ramsey's going to miss him anyway, although in the most fitting Freudian slip of all time, he has had to explain that the #shambles term he used on twatter was not a criticism of Arsenal's shambolic transfer window/s, but actually the nickname given to Chamberlain by the BFG.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:14 am 

Location: Any true Arsenal supporter should know that they were originally a South London Club!
i'm personally sad to see Ox go. He seemed to be over his injury problems and the wingback position is IMO his best position. In truth, we were trying to shoehorn him into our squad at the expense of Kolasinac. He was never going to get that central role he wanted so probably best to part ways. I'm sure he's actually a Liverpool supporter anyway and he seems to have followed in his father's footsteps. Only thing I find strange though is where he will fit in Liverpool's first team ahead of Can, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Coutinho.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:01 am 
Trialist

i dont think he was a good enough player to be at a top club, its a shame injury slowed progress but i always felt he was more of an everton or liverpool player, much like barkley, never destined to be a great.