It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rosicky thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 am 

So he's free in the summer and not next summer?

Rosicky wont settle for being second string because he can't. Some players are naturally gifted and can turn it on at any given time. You'd think with his experience or age that he'd at least do a few special things when called upon out the blue but he needs the games which he wont get if we are to step up and sign someone and even if he gets games he lacks the split second instinct and quickness to act upon it consistently because although he's stood up and put in a shift at times I've seen a lot more donkey play.

I think his contract runs until next summer, I may of got this wrong? If his contract does run out next summer we should sell him for a decent fee if we can get it this summer.

I wont deny I'd like him stay but he needs games to grab form he can't just be thrown in and asked to do something.. its not up to standards required to grab honours.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 am 

prolific wrote:

I am not sure about it. Before, everybody said this summer, lately, a few sources say next one. Confusing - but I remember some contract talks launched by his agent in January, seems more like this summer to me.

Quote:
even if he gets games he lacks the split second instinct and quickness to act upon it consistently because although he's stood up and put in a shift at times I've seen a lot more donkey play.

I don't know if I get what you mean, but Rosicky certainly has one quality and that is a split-second, instinct orientation on the pitch. He's able to read the game in an instant and distribute the ball from defense to attack quicklier than any other midfielder in current Arsenal setup.

For me, it's not a question of form. He's changed his style, he used to be so indirect, he did not make the runs into the box, he was afraid to shoot. This all up until November-mid December, it was almost unbearable to watch. Now compare that Rosicky to the one from the last month.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 am 

kyrub wrote:
prolific wrote:

I am not sure about it. Before, everybody said this summer, lately, a few sources say next one. Confusing - but I remember some contract talks launched by his agent in January, seems more like this summer to me.

He signed a new contract in January 2010*. If he would be free this summer he would have signed a contract over 2,5 years, somehow I doubt that.

* http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... w-contract

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 am 
Trialist

great game again last night. Was impressed with how he geed up the great one after his miss. anyone else notice that? Seems he's one of those players who's worth as much off the park as on it, have seen him talking the younger guys through games before, during and even after. Was chuffed when we signed him as i'd been really impressed when he was playing for Czech rep. Felt we'd never see best of him but finally he's really influential and could be great foil for Wilshire and Chamberlain, so if he needs new contract for Christ's sake give him one, don't think he'd do an Adebayor on us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 am 
Marketing & Enhancement

Rosicky has always been a bit of a shy character, both on and off the pitch, but recently I've seen some real passion from him. He's working a lot harder and he seems to be a lot happier, perhaps he feels more at home with the current squad than he did when the likes of Gallas, Adebayor etc. where here.

Anyway, I've always stated that for me it's just a case of whether he can keep his fitness levels high. He will always have an intelligent footballing brain, that won't fade, it's just whether he can keep those legs going.

I hope he can as he can be a valuable asset as we've seen recently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:21 pm 

kyrub wrote:
prolific wrote:
even if he gets games he lacks the split second instinct and quickness to act upon it consistently because although he's stood up and put in a shift at times I've seen a lot more donkey play.

I don't know if I get what you mean, but Rosicky certainly has one quality and that is a split-second, instinct orientation on the pitch. He's able to read the game in an instant and distribute the ball from defense to attack quicklier than any other midfielder in current Arsenal setup.

For me, it's not a question of form. He's changed his style, he used to be so indirect, he did not make the runs into the box, he was afraid to shoot. This all up until November-mid December, it was almost unbearable to watch. Now compare that Rosicky to the one from the last month.

No he hasn't got the split second instinct and the instant distribution to go with it. He does hold good instinct to which he acts upon but he's nowhere near the level world stars are, that to me isn't good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:57 pm 

Not sure what you're getting at prolific. Are you saying he isn't good enough to play for us? Or that we should get someone better and be done with him?

I know Rosicky is considered "deadwood" by all and sundry, but I've just never got that impression. This season is the first in such a long time that he's been able to stay fit and play a continuous run of games. Looking at his appearance numbers the last couple seasons, the numbers are certainly there, but I can't remember him playing more than two games on the trot, before he pulls something and misses a couple weeks. He'll then get the odd sub appearance in between.

Furthermore, I think he's loving being able to finally play in central midfield. I'm happy he's showing good form at the moment. For me, he's definitely much, much further down on the sell list than a good 8 or 9 other players that we have. I think he may have another 2 or so years of good contributions left in him, and we should make use of that. We need to keep experienced players like that in our squad. He offers great utility as well as an option, depending on opposition.

This doesn't mean we don't need a top-class player in the same position to fill Cesc's void but, the two aren't mutually exclusive. We can have a world class attacking midfielder and keep Rosicky.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm 

The latter.

My point is when Jacks back he'll get benched no doubt especially with Ramsey fresh so that means him not being used obviously. Your point above is what I'm worried about, yes he's improved but he needs game time. Of course all players need it to find form but even when called upon out the blue a player should be able to perform.. Rosicky cannot, he needs game time to do what others could do when called upon after a lay off if that makes sense.

He's done well, he's doing well, he's advertising himself.. lets get a good fee and move on in the summer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm 

prolific wrote:
No he hasn't got the split second instinct and the instant distribution to go with it. He does hold good instinct to which he acts upon but he's nowhere near the level world stars are, that to me isn't good enough.

It seems Robin van Persie disagrees with you, prolific:
Quote:
Robin van Persie defines it as Rosicky being "football clever" and the captain is another big admirer. "I just love playing with him because he's so quick in his mind. That's something you can't pick up later in your career. You either have it or you don't."

Quoted from:
Tomas Rosicky back to his playmaker best in Arsenal's heartland
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... er-arsenal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 pm 

Rosicky's definitely benefiting from all this game time. Beforehand I would have disagreed with you kyrub and said that too often he got caught up in play but that was when he was getting an appearance off the bench here, 60 minutes from the start there. Naturally the more time he's had on the pitch the more into the swing of things he's become.

It's always something he's had about him for sure, but it'd gone missing for a while. He's a totally different sort of playmaker to Fabregas too. The Spaniard could sit deeper and split a defence or similarly drive forward and subtly do it as well as more. Rosicky doesn't quite have all that, but will carry the ball forward well and use it effectively in the final third. That has come top fruition of late.

Ok, so it may not be up there with that of any of the World's Stars but exactly which of our midfielders is a World Star prolific? Nobody by my reckoning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:06 pm 

I feel Arsenal can punch higher. Look I'd keep Rosicky but like I said above should he be benched and then called upon I just can't see him doing anything, he'll need 'x' number of games before he changes a game for us.. that isn't good enough. Plus even against Van Persies view.. he's still too slow although I admit he's shut me up by stepping up yet its still not good enough for next season.

Wengers at a point, this summer where he'll have to be ruthless to get back on track, to sort this club out properly. A couple of heads here and there wont sort out the major issue. The Boss will have to cut deeper where he'll cross Rosicky.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 pm 

Jules wrote:
kyrub wrote:
prolific wrote:

He signed a new contract in January 2010*. If he would be free this summer he would have signed a contract over 2,5 years, somehow I doubt that.

* http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... w-contract

Could have signed a 2 year extension

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:19 am 
Managing Editor

Balboa wrote:
Rosicky's definitely benefiting from all this game time. Beforehand I would have disagreed with you kyrub and said that too often he got caught up in play but that was when he was getting an appearance off the bench here, 60 minutes from the start there. Naturally the more time he's had on the pitch the more into the swing of things he's become.

It's always something he's had about him for sure, but it'd gone missing for a while. He's a totally different sort of playmaker to Fabregas too. The Spaniard could sit deeper and split a defence or similarly drive forward and subtly do it as well as more. Rosicky doesn't quite have all that, but will carry the ball forward well and use it effectively in the final third. That has come top fruition of late.

Ok, so it may not be up there with that of any of the World's Stars but exactly which of our midfielders is a World Star prolific? Nobody by my reckoning.

Game time and playing central, he was wasted wide left in Milan. I wrote him off, I felt that we needed much new blood and that some players even decent ones needed to moved on to make space. Last year he would only ever last sixty minutes at most. I thought his legs had gone. But this year he's full of energy, not sure where it's come from but he's proven invaluable in recent games. I would like to see him here another year even if midfield is a bit crowded next year, he would balance out the youth and besides we never do well with injuries and even with good numbers this year we had no one on the bench for Milan in that department.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 pm 

Fair play to Rosicky and those of you who believed in his class. He's been outstanding recently and I hope he keeps his place for the rest of the season regardless of who comes back, even if he has a couple of poor games, he's earned the chance I think.

I love his attitude at the moment, he wants the ball and he wants to make something happen every time, and indeed he is making things happen, scoring important goals, opening teams up. His mobility makes us more dangerous, we don't spend as much time passing sideways in front of 10 players.

Keep it up Tommy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

He brings that ability to break the lines that we've missed so much this season without Wilshere or Diaby.

For all that Arteta is good for, keeping possesion etc., he doesn't have the ability to drive with the ball and at times that has cost us.

I doubt he'll play against Newcastle because I think he needs a rest, but I agree that if he can keep up that level of fitness then he adds a key attacking drive through the middle of the team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next