It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 Squad Analysis
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am 

So we are struggling to find the right system. Our midfield against Liverpool was nowhere. Mostly games are win in midfield, so we need to find the right balance in midfield. We are playing in each system with two central midfielders. Most of the teams, just like Liverpool, are playing with 3.
If we play 3-4-3 then our wingsbacks are more right backs or right wingers. When we play our usual 4-3-3 then Ozil is playing as a number 10 in a free role so you can't count him as midfielder.
I think we need to play with 1 defensive midfielder and 2 dynamic midfielders in front. So that means there is no room for Ozil and I think that will give us much more balance.
Defensive midfield: Xhaka-Coquelin
Central midfield: Chamberlain-Ramsey-Wilshere.

I truly belive a line up like this will work out for us, but then Wenger needs to sell Ozil and also Sanchez as both doesn't want to extend their contracts because they doesn't want to be here. So replace them both with Sterling and either Draxler or Lemar. Chamberlain wants to stay, but wants to play central and I would like to give him that chance.

Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi/New CB
Koscielny
Kolasinic

Xhaka
Chamberlain
Ramsey

Sterling
Lacazette
Draxler/Lemar

subs: Ospina-Monreal-Coquelin-Wilshere-Iwobi-Welbeck-Giroud

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am 
Acclaimed member

We could sign the second comings of Franco Baresi, Paolo Maldini and Claude Makelele this window, it won't help, all it would mean is that we have adequate players and cover, which is fundamental football management - making sure you have the players to do the jobs you need rather than taking the decision to sell them all with two days of the window left and shoe horn players from other positions into the vacant positions. And then tell the world that they can play there.

If there is no plan to play those players in their correct positions or set the team up correctly then you have the greatest XI in the world, Arsenal still won't be able to compete at the top level. I said previously that we need a good window but even if we did, it won't matter because there is something rotten in the team's mentality that is getting worse and worse. It speaks volumes that after that against Liverpool that players are bolting for the door.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am 

This Arsene "Petulant kid" Wenger doesn't wash with me, if it has taken this long for him to realize there is a problem and that the players don't want to play for the team then he shouldn't be there.

My issues are, Mustafi going on loan, does this mean he wants to leave or does Wenger not think he has the attitude?

Wilshere being the greatest talent to come out of the club since Rocky some fans have said moving abroad again does he not have the attitude?

Rumours today that Ozil will be gone and that there was mootings of a potential deal with Barca and we would have got Turan in return.

Questions are who does Arsene think has the right attitude? Alexis obviously not, but who out of a pickable 11 does he think have attitude?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:23 pm 

Looks like Lemar could be joining Liverpool. Apparently he will be under going a medical in Monaco. If they get that deal over the line added with the Ox you can kiss top 4 goodbye. I guess our only hope is to wait for a 2 year Injured Cazorla to come back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:55 pm 

Just another typical fucked up transfer window for Arsenal football club. Whoever is responsible for this shambles really ought to picking up their P45! But that's the joke probably, there is most likely nobody with any responsibility for getting business done consequently we end up with the situation we have now. We can't unload players who are surplus, why's that? Because they're shite. Let alone get any fresh faces in

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:59 pm 

We won't get Sterling. If I was Sterling I wouldn't want to play for us. He might come on loan, but I certainly wouldn't join us for good. :cry2:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:13 pm 

Balboa wrote:
We won't get Sterling. If I was Sterling I wouldn't want to play for us. He might come on loan, but I certainly wouldn't join us for good. :cry2:

Personally I wouldn't want him anyway. I can't see any player with a scrap of ambition wanting to join us at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 pm 

manuhater wrote:
Balboa wrote:

Personally I wouldn't want him anyway. I can't see any player with a scrap of ambition wanting to join us at the moment.

Nor me. I'd rather see Reiss Nelson thrown in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:57 pm 

Nelson looks the real deal but I wouldn't rush him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 pm 

DUSTCORE wrote:

Might not have a choice :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:38 pm 

Balboa wrote:
DUSTCORE wrote:

Might not have a choice :)

I wouldn't be mad at it. I think he's good enough. I just think it's unfair to throw him in at the deep end. Especially when the atmosphere is so toxic.

Last edited by DUSTCORE on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:35 pm 
Acclaimed member

Definitely looks now like there won't be a choice, what with the sudden, massive raft of reports all reading from the same page that the club actually doesn't have money, never really had 150m to spend on transfer fees straight up, and that chances are we won't sign anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 pm 
Acclaimed member

Anything is possible with our football club, but lack of finance would appear to be a media construct (probably in the same way as the reputed Mbappe offers were). Wenger made clear we were in for Lemar, and given that we have since sold Gibbs and, you would assume, Chamberlain - whilst probably also moving Perez off the wage bill - would make you strongly doubt any such notion.

If we end up tomorrow evening having sold Chamberlain and bought nobody, the already strongly militant fanbase will be back in open revolt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 pm 

I've read a mix of suggestions on other forums and online and the recurrent themes are that we don't have any money, Stan wants to use some of it to fund the relocation of an NFL franchise and another where we have plenty of money, but can't use it due to some £7 million limit in wages between seasons - a Premier League rule which has stuffed us. Haven't a clue whether any of this is true but not expecting a positive outcome from tomorrow's hyperactivity sponsored by Jim White and Peter Odemwingie.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:02 am 

LoneGunner wrote:
If we end up tomorrow evening having sold Chamberlain and bought nobody, the already strongly militant fanbase will be back in open revolt.

Interesting that you use the term militant. Over the years this term has been used to describe typical behaviour of a range of people - from troublemakers to terrorists. I guess this is how you perceive anyone being strongly vocal about not being happy with the way the club is being run (Arsene on pitch, Stan/Gazidis off it).

PS - How do you feel about Arsene Wengers lies and bullshit wisdom/excuses over the years?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next