It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Arsenal vs Bournemouth - Pre Match
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 pm 

We haven't had a pre match post for ages. Be interesting to see everyone's starting 11.

Here's mine..

Cech

Bellerin Koscielny Mustafi Kolasinic

Coquelin Ramsey

Nelson Ozil Sanchez

Lacazette

I'd go back to 4 at the back. We don't have the personal for 3 central defenders especially when it means playing players out of postition. We all know Ramsey likes to bomb so a defensive cover of Coquelin would balance the midfield better. Theo would be my 2nd choice on the right but I'd like to see Nelson given a shot. He really impressed in pre season.

Post subject: Re: Arsenal vs Bournemouth - Pre Match
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:51 pm 
Acclaimed member

Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Monreal
Kolasinac

Ramsey
Xhaka

Ozil
Sanchez
Lacazette

If we were determined to go back to the back four, then I'd bring in Coquelin for Monreal and sit him infront of the defence. Ramsey can't play in a two ahead of a back four; well, he can, but history has demonstrated that Wenger instructs him to get forward at every opportunity and won't deviate from that mantra.

If we go four, then Ramsey should play on the right of the midfield three, able to roam forward and interchange with Ozil who will naturally drift inside.

3421 wins out for me though.

Last edited by LoneGunner on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:53 pm 

Yeah I'd go with that too. Would like to see a 4-4-2 to be honest but not sure we have the personnel for it. Need to keep an eye on Bellerin who seems to be going backwards and not in a defensive way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm 

It seems to me Wenger must be telling both Xhaka and Ramsey to get forward at every opportunity. I don't have a problem with that if Coquelin starts as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 pm 
Acclaimed member

If ever a goal summed up Danny Welbeck....

Great little chipped cross from Kolasinac.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm 
Acclaimed member

Lacazette 2-0.

Just a little scuffed finish :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:49 pm 

Missing the game but happy as Larry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:14 pm 
Acclaimed member

Welbeck at the double, with a nice left-footed shot across Begovic after a Ramsey pass.

That was a nice goal and we are roasting a very poor Bournemouth side. I can't remember them mounting an attack of note and we seem to have an extra two players on the pitch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:22 pm 
Acclaimed member

Turns out that was an alright game to go to after my last stadium visit (Bayern).

Bournemouth were awful and just didn't have a plan for anything. I suppose it helped that we played a left back in left back and right back in right back, must really confuse our opposition when we do that.

Everyone had a good laugh at Welbeck being Welbeck for goal 1 but his finish for the second was great. The lobbed shot that went wide wasn't bad either. Everybody seemed to do fine, Ozil had some soft possession losses but some great passes and a good free kick early first half, Alexis bit too keen and not quite fit but looking alright, Bellerin seemed to grow into the game and at one point found his motorcycle again. Lacazette, you give the guy an inch and what a curler. Probably due to awful defending but also won a few headers and knocked them down very nicely.

Coquelin made a stupid error and then had to stretch to recover, hopefully isn't hurt too bad. Ramsey seemed to be more mindful of staying back. Mustafi still too prone to diving in without looking like the ball is his for sure, but did alright.

Guess we'll thank the stars that we got a piss poor opposition to gift us a chance to build confidence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 pm 

Didnt see the game - some say Bournmouth were poor opponents however Arsenal can only play what is in front of them and apparently it was total domination. We need to put a run together before some tricky games, so this was a fantastic result at the right time. If only we had a manager who knew how to utilize players strengths... we could win the league with Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette playing as a front three.

Apparently there were a handful of so called fans that booed Sanchez - what a thick bunch of idiots! Did they not see him carry the team in so many games while the rest were being gormless idiots? It must have been painful for him busting a gut every bloody game - who can blame him for wanting out? "Alexis Sanchez will win the fans back, and win them back very quickly", said Wenger. Trust Arsene to put some of his bullshit spin on this - Alexis doesnt need to win fans over... tactical genius Arsene and his 'mentally strong' minions on the other hand...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 pm 

Location: Any true Arsenal supporter should know that they were originally a South London Club!
much better!! :D :lol: Not sure why fans are saying Bournemouth were poor. We were just too good! :lol: Welbeck was MOTM for me. He seems to be very consistent in the games he has played in and works hard which is the least expected is it not?? Good finish for the second goal too. If we can perform like that away to Chelsea next week then we'll be fine. Did Coquelin not warm up or something? Shouldn't be pulling up like that after coming on. This has happened way to many times IMO. European competition starts this week. Let's see how good the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool are at keeping their squads fully fit for the tough fixture schedule ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:25 pm 
Acclaimed member

You realise thats a supportive comment in praise of alexis? Give it a rest. At the stadium i thought i heard a few boos and thought that was rubbish as well. We should support all our players each game.

If you want problems we've got loads of real ones - 3atb wasnt tested today, mustafi still rash tackles, coq injury and so on. Coq stretched very hurriedly to recover from an error, didnt need to happen.

At least unlike Stoke we translated dominance into goals, and hey I would have bet fifty quid before the game that you wouldnt see Welbeck with two whole goals!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:28 pm 

Location: Any true Arsenal supporter should know that they were originally a South London Club!
arcaliea wrote:
and hey I would have bet fifty quid before the game that you wouldnt see Welbeck with two whole goals!

I reckon he'll hit 20 this season. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:01 pm 

Team South East wrote:
European competition starts this week. Let's see how good the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool are at keeping their squads fully fit for the tough fixture schedule ahead.

This part absolutely fascinates me. Its almost like you are suggesting that because we have been so utterly appauling at competing domestically AND in Europe, that others cant do any better. Let me remind you that in the past 21 years we have been crowned champions of England 3x and champions of Europe 0x.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 pm 

muckygooner wrote:
Team South East wrote:
European competition starts this week. Let's see how good the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool are at keeping their squads fully fit for the tough fixture schedule ahead.

This part absolutely fascinates me. Its almost like you are suggesting that because we have been so utterly appauling at competing domestically AND in Europe, that others cant do any better. Let me remind you that in the past 21 years we have been crowned champions of England 3x and champions of Europe 0x.

Part of Liverpool's qualification to the champions league was due to the fact they had no European competition to play in midweek. I don't think their squad can sustain Europe, domestic cups, and league and they will drop out later on in the season. Tottenham don't have WHL as their home this year and that will be to their detriment IMO. Wembley will have the opposition pumped and they will drop points at their temprary home this season.