It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Arsenal vs Everton
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 pm 

Unfuckingbelievable! 2 new signings, both start, yet Iwobi STILL plays. Unreal, absolutely unreal. How on Earth can you start Iwobi and put Jack on the bench. The idiot Frenchman strikes again.

Post subject: Re: Arsenal vs Everton
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:20 pm 
Trialist

But this is inspired stuff!! Exhilarating to watch! A super reaction to the departure of Sanchez!!
A new beginning??? And maybe this will shake up the lazy defense a little...I really like what I’m seeing, there’s a belief there.
A little of the Wenger magic trickling back??? I feel a smidgen of my belief in him has been restored...surely not....
Houdini Wenger???

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:21 pm 
Acclaimed member

Wilshere is ill. Too much of an agenda with Iwobi, he's a solid player who needs to perform better than he is, but that can be said for many.

Average first half; 4-0 and could have been more. :lol:

Ozil is rinsing Everton here, and Mkhitaryan has been very impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:33 pm 
Acclaimed member

First half performance has been excellent and great to see Aubameyang grab a goal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:25 pm 
Acclaimed member

manuhater wrote:
Unfuckingbelievable! 2 new signings, both start, yet Iwobi STILL plays. Unreal, absolutely unreal. How on Earth can you start Iwobi and put Jack on the bench. The idiot Frenchman strikes again.

I'd rather not call anyone idiots, but what are you on about? Iwobi had a great game tonight, and although he's had his ups and downs, it's not like Wilshere guarantees goals and assists when he comes on, and I say that as someone who thinks we need to renew his contract ASAP. You seem to say it like he left Messi on the bench to put Flamini up top, but I think there will be tons of people watching the game who won't agree with you.

As for the game. Well. I was sure we would win, given how much better we are at home, but Everton were even worse than I expected and we did quite all right. Aubameyang was offside for the goal but looked OK throughout, Mkhitaryan seemed eager to make an impression and worked hard all round.

Really good finish by Ramsey at the end, I suppose that's what you get when you get some confidence.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 pm 

Listened on the radio and will check the MOTD highlights later but very refreshing. Good for the goal difference and always a pleasure to get one over Allardyce. Defensively weak we may be, but your boys were weaker. Karma.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:27 am 
Acclaimed member

Second half was the usual Arsenal affair when we take a commanding lead; lacklustre, sloppy, gifting a goal.

All-round though, a feel good factor has returned - at least for a week. Ozil was outstanding; Mkhitaryan played like a man with a point to prove; Ramsey's raiding runs tore apart a bewildered Everton midfield and rear-guard. Mkhitaryan's delivery from wide was refreshing and long missed since Walcott played a very different role than he seems to be at Everton, and Bellerin is underwhelming in that department.

Aubameyang will have more productive days, but he occupied the Everton backline and his finish was a thing of beauty, albeit offside.

All things considered, I prefer to see him in the lineup over Sanchez. It isn't about new money, who is the better player or anything similar. Alexis was a maverick in an unstructured team, a team which already had a defined playmaker, which neither helped him nor us. In Aubameyang, finally we have a killer upfront, a player who is genuinely among the elite in his position; a player who we can hold up against Kane or an Aguero.

We can replicate some of Alexis' abilities elsewhere, and I think this may be a positive switch for the overall balance of the side. We also get that breakout pace with Aubameyang too, which is a different dimension entirely. With Mkhitaryan operating in the trio behind too, we have ratcheted up the technical level by a few degrees in that position.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:51 am 

Location: Any true Arsenal supporter should know that they were originally a South London Club!
What a performance.....JHEEEEZ! We were deadly today. Mkhi and Aubameyang made a massive difference. Thought Iwobi also stepped up his game big time. Very promising start and hopefully we can build a serious run from here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:34 am 

Good to see us realize its f*ing fun to score some goals. Makes it easier to win matches too.

Mustafi does his best to spot Everton a goal in the first minute, otherwise decent. Hey Sead, maybe try to jump instead of ducking balls played into the box. I don't understand this player, he should be nullifying people defensively. Instead he seemed more lackadaisical then ever, frail even. We certainly have defensive errors in us still. Maybe we can address it in the summer.

Iwobi seemed a little better. It may have been the effect of what was going on around him though. Also, liked Bellerin going forward. Mesut, glad to have ya. I am really looking forward to Ozil and Mkhitaryan playing together. Spreading the creative load will help us a lot I feel.

It was funnier once Aubameyang did score, but he looked sick for a moment when Koscielny practically took the ball off his foot to head home at the back post. :chill:
Also enjoyed Ramsey goal hunting for his hat trick as the nominal center forward before Wenger could sub him off. 8-)

And Aubameyang didn't score off his breakaway rolling it directly to the keeper, but even as the pass was played to him I was picturing Giroud attempting to get on a pass like that and thinking of all the chances we are going to create like this that were just wasted balls before. As LG said, a new dimension.

All in all, sloppy but fun.