It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Brighton vs Arsenal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 pm 
Acclaimed member

Got what we deserved; nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 pm 

Say what you want about Wenger but these players need to to take a deep look in the mirror. Stop sulking and start performing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:28 pm 

So fucking embarrassing, Wenger needs to pack up and get out!

No heart, no passion, just sideways football :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:31 pm 

We've all, or nearly all, known that too many of the players aren't good enough. The signs of weakening recruitment go way back to the Denilsons and Squillacis, but we managed to at least attain the CL then. Now others have strengthened through oil and talent, having players like Xhaka, Iwobi, Welbeck, Mustafi is taking its toll.

Still, be careful what you wish for and all that! Although I'd still keep Wenger over Brendan Rodgers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:39 pm 

Emperor wrote:
We've all, or nearly all, known that too many of the players aren't good enough. The signs of weakening recruitment go way back to the Denilsons and Squillacis, but we managed to at least attain the CL then. Now others have strengthened through oil and talent, having players like Xhaka, Iwobi, Welbeck, Mustafi is taking its toll.

Still, be careful what you wish for and all that! Although I'd still keep Wenger over Brendan Rodgers.

Honestly if Brendan Rogers comes in I'm gonna have to take a break from Arsenal for a bit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:40 pm 

But yes, the players do need to look at themselves. The wages they 'earn' as well as the sheer number of them who are good enough to be picked for their countries, and they've managed 13 points from 45 away from home. Taken by itself, that's effing awful and an insult to the club and its fans.

Edit: If he brings Scott Sinclair with him to build the team around, I'll see that break and raise you a meltdown :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 pm 
Acclaimed member

Emperor wrote:

You say that, and Brendan Rodgers is not someone who should be linked here but things need to change and at this point anyone would do as long as Wenger is gone and the new person is not someone internal at Arsenal. There is no light at the club at the moment and the obvious way to get that light back is to get rid of the dark cloud hanging over the club. That is what Wenger is becoming with every passing negative result, a dark, un-sackable cloud that the majority of fans and players have lost faith in.

Five games lost in a row now, to Spurs,Ostersunds, Man City x2 and Brighton. I can't remember the last time that happened under Wenger. A resurgent Milan side away next, followed by a home game against Watford, a team we have already lost to once this season and have recent history of losing to.

The board needs to grow a spine and intervene. At any other top club, and even some rubbish ones like Spurs, if they had the record we have had in 2018 and with the atmosphere the way it is the manager would be sacked.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 pm 

I agree, but would still draw the line at Rodgers. I'd personally end it now as damage limitation. We won't go down obviously although could easily slip to 7th and I don't believe we will win the EL no matter what. Therefore, without being too dramatic, what will be the biggest summer in terms of salvage, renovation and improvement since 1996 can be prepared for now, rather than at the end of May.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 pm 

The players are 100% hiding behind Wenger right now. For me their all cowards. Wenger has to fall on his sword though, he wasted countless transfer windows not addressing various issues. Talking up shit players. Just had enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:01 pm 

DUSTCORE wrote:
The players are 100% hiding behind Wenger right now. For me their all cowards.

Wenger might or might not have lost the dressing room, but those that are indeed hiding behind Wenger is the board, and the owner. If anybody of them would assume any of the responsibility that they actually have, they would sack Wenger, end of. They are leaving him in the fireline, and I don't know what they are waiting for.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm 
Acclaimed member

Actually it is we lost 4 in a row, we did Ostersunds. So it is 1 win in 6 for the optimists, 4 defeats in a row for everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 pm 

Location: Any true Arsenal supporter should know that they were originally a South London Club!
Who Scored ratings from the game. Some surprising stats in there :) :

Attachments:
bri-v-ars.JPG
bri-v-ars.JPG [ 116.93 KiB | Viewed 751 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 pm 
Acclaimed member

Did he get a point for each time he went to ground needlessly? :puzzled:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:15 pm 

Sadly the stat that matters is the fact they got 2 goals to our 1. Incidentally, Xhaka has had more touches of the ball than any other Arsenal player this season (no source but it was mentioned on a recent live game, sorry)which could be complementary to our overall record.