It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FM18
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 pm 

Struggled at first with this years game, but eventually settled with West Ham after starting unemployed and going on holiday until November.

Was set the objective to stay clear of relegation, West Ham were 17th mid way through December when I took over. My start was unspectacular. Won my first league game but then failed to win any of my next 7. Although in that time I did knock Chelsea out of the FA Cup, Liverpool out of the League Cup and actually reach the final the League Cup.

My form in the league dramatically turned a corner, picking up 23/33 points in the last 11 games. I won the League Cup, reached the final of the FA Cup (Knocking Arsenal out in the Semi-Final losing to Man Utd in the Final). Among some great results in the league were; Beating Chelsea 2-1 at home, Arsenal 4-3 away and Man City 4-2 at home.

David Gold decides to retire mid-June, stays to oversee a takeover. The club get taken over. I get sacked about two weeks later. Never have I been so furious in all my FM playing days.

51% win too! RAGING :headbang:

Post subject: Re: FM18
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:59 pm 
Acclaimed member

I have also struggled to get going with this version.

The layout changes make everything seem three clicks further away than it used to be, and with the match engine not seeming as slick as FM17 (and what the hell have they done to camera angles) it has been a frustration.

I started as Osmanlispor in Turkey and was just getting going. However, my PC blew up in such spectacular fashion this morning that I jumped nearly three foot off my chair, and that will curtail any further involvement for a little while.

Post subject: Re: FM18
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 am 

Well I ended up at West Brom in the December. The tactics are a real Rubik's cube this year. Was genuinely struggling to shoot let alone score at one point.