It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Released players
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:03 pm 
Acclaimed member

DL wrote:
Dicko wrote:
Pretty sure Parisio was released.

Your source being?

Something i read on here a while back, can't find it at a quick glance though.

Post subject: Re: Former Arsenal trainees on the move...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:41 pm 
Acclaimed member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 171847.stm

Grays swoop for Gaia and Selley

Grays Athletic have signed midfielders Santos Gaia and Ian Selley on free transfers from Stevenage and Lewes. The experienced duo have both signed short-term contracts to stay with the club for the rest of the season.

I wondered the other day whether the legend that was Ian Selley was still playing or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:47 am 
Acclaimed member

Irish U21 defender Joe O’Cearuill set for move to eircom League
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2805
Date: Tuesday, 29 January 2008
The eircom league of Ireland looks the likely destination for Republic of Ireland Under-21 defender Joe O’Cearuill after his club Barnet paved the way for his transfer to St. Patrick’s Athletic on Monday. The Barnet official website reported that St. Pat's are expected to finalise the capture of O’Ceaurill, who can play at centre-half or full-back, today. The English born defender was an Arsenal player when he declared for Ireland through the parentage rule shortly before making his first International appearance in the Under-21 friendly victory over Luxembourg in October 2006. He was capped a month later at ‘B’ level against Scotland and was promoted to the senior squad for the trip to the United States in May 2007, where he featured in the games versus Ecuador and Bolivia. The Lononder switched from Arsenal to Barnet soon after but found it difficult to nail down a regular first-team place for the Bees, making just eleven starts. O’Cearuill earned the most recent of his six Under-21 caps in the last game against Bulgaria in November and has retained his place in the squad for next Tuesday UEFA Championship qualifying tie away to England.

A step down for sure but it could lead back up. A shame really as from the couple of times I saw him I thought he could play at a higher level and looked technically good enough to continue to improve.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:32 pm 

I'm not sure that's a move down but of course he'd much prefer to be staying in the English league as a move back to Ireland is always seen as bit of a failure. If he can have a good season with Pats then he'll have people knocking on his door again. Good luck to him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:15 pm 
Acclaimed member

Villa agree Sidwell fee
Last updated: 18th June 2008

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 27,00.html

Midfielder set to leave Chelsea for £5.5million
Aston Villa have agreed a £5.5million deal for Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell. The former Reading star only moved to Stamford Bridge last summer on a free transfer, but he was unable to force a regular place in Chelsea's first XI. And after only seven Premier League starts for the Blues, Sidwell has been offered a move to Villa Park. Villa boss Martin O'Neill is keen to bolster his small squad as he attempts to build a side capable of a top-six Premier League finish next season. But, Sidwell, 25, could also be viewed as a possible replacement for Villa captain Gareth Barry, who is a transfer target of Liverpool.

He wasn't really given his chance but I suppose Villa is about his level. Does anybody know if there is a sell on fee due to Arsenal out of this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:18 pm 
Honorary member

He strengthens the overall quality of O'Neill's squad, but I still feel that Sidwell is the type of player who needs to play every week. Unless Barry leaves Aston Villa, I can't see who he is going to permanently displace to get that opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:21 pm 
Albo wrote:

. Does anybody know if there is a sell on fee due to Arsenal out of this?[/color]

And who will pay us , if we are entitled ?? Not Reading , then...?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 pm 
Acclaimed member

cesc_pistols wrote:
Albo wrote:
Does anybody know if there is a sell on fee due to Arsenal out of this?

And who will pay us , if we are entitled ?? Not Reading , then...?

:puzzled: Well, I imagine if there is a sell on fee that was not rendered void by the free transfer from Reading to Chelsea then we would get a percentage of the £5.5m from Chelsea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:28 pm 

Sidwell left Reading as a free agent therefore Reading and Arsenal both got nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:00 pm 
Honorary member

Albo wrote:
:puzzled: Well, I imagine if there is a sell on fee that was not rendered void by the free transfer from Reading to Chelsea then we would get a percentage of the £5.5m from Chelsea.

Arsenal get nothing as a sell-on clause. What Arsenal do collect is the compensation due under FIFA's Solidarity Mechanism. If a professional is transferred before the expiry of his contract, any club that has contributed to his education and training shall receive a proportion of the compensation paid to his former club (solidarity contribution). The formula is that 5% of any compensation shall be deducted from the total amount of his transfer fee and distributed by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the clubs involved in his training and education over the years (Arsenal and Reading). This
solidarity contribution reflects the number of years he was registered with Arsenal and Reading between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:
– Season of 12th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation): £13,750 to Arsenal
– Season of 13th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation): £13,750 to Arsenal
– Season of 14th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation): £13,750 to Arsenal
– Season of 15th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation): £13,750 to Arsenal
– Season of 16th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Arsenal
– Season of 17th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Arsenal
– Season of 18th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Arsenal
– Season of 19th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Arsenal
– Season of 20th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Arsenal
– Season of 21st birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Reading
– Season of 22nd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Reading
– Season of 23rd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation): £27,500 to Reading

Arsenal: £192,500
Reading: £82,500

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:02 pm 
Acclaimed member

ForeverRed wrote:
Arsenal: £192,500
Reading: £82,500

Great - a weeks wages for Adebayor :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 pm 

or most of the acadamy's wages paid for 2 months

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:57 pm 
Acclaimed member

Location: Let's all laugh at Tottenham, let's all laugh at Tottenham!
every little helps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:58 pm 
Tubzinho wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grays_athletic/7171847.stm

Grays swoop for Gaia and Selley

Grays Athletic have signed midfielders Santos Gaia and Ian Selley on free transfers from Stevenage and Lewes. The experienced duo have both signed short-term contracts to stay with the club for the rest of the season.

I wondered the other day whether the legend that was Ian Selley was still playing or not.

Glad to hear Selley's still playing. I was at the game back in the 90's when he had that really bad break. The sound of it was heard all around the ground. Horrible stuff. I felt really bad for him.

Post subject: Re: Released players
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 pm 

DL wrote:
Players that are missen are:

Lee Butcher - English goalkeeper came through ranks.
Carl Parisio - French defender brought in from AS Cannes.
Marc Elston - One of those who joined after Wimbledon Academy disbounded, played for the reserves few times and was thought to have a lot of potential.

Others are Ahmed Abdillahi, Jack Wilshere and Cedric Evina but their cases are different. Butcher and Parisio will be the main surprises if they've been released.

If anyone is interested Lee Butcher is now at Spurs! :yikes: Lol, he had trials at Leeds and Wycombe after he was released and then went to Spurs. He was loaned out to AFC Wimbledon last year. Marc Elston was, the last I heard, at Chelmsford after failing to win a contract at Wycombe or Dundee after trials. Ahmad Abdillahi was at Norwich last season. Not sure if he is still there.

As you may have gathered Parisio was released. Strange that because we paid money for him when we didn't have to. We could have signed under freedom of contract but paid a couple of hundred grand to maintain a 'working relationship'.

Bulls seal Oji deal
Hereford land central defender
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 92,00.html

Samuel Oji has joined League One new boys Hereford on a free transfer following a success trial. The former Doncaster, Bristol Rovers and Leyton Orient centre-back has agreed terms on as yet undisclosed length of contract. Oji has been on trial with the Bulls throughout their pre-season campaign and is expected to go straight into the squad to face former side Orient on Saturday. Bulls boss Graham Turner has been looking to add to his backline all close-season and has now done just that with the acquisition of Oji

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next