It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Former Arsenal trainees on the move...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:39 pm 
Acclaimed member

Location: Let's all laugh at Tottenham, let's all laugh at Tottenham!
lol, still shows what kind of player he is. If he cared about the football he'd go there for the fact they're a huge club. Instead he's just looking for more money. :roll:

Nevertheless :rollover2:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:24 pm 
Acclaimed member

Some counter claims that he rejected Real as he didn't want to be a bench player again and he doubted Ramos wanted him. Fair enough on both counts but I can also believe the money problem as well

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:27 pm 

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,,14896,00.html?reloaded

13.58 Birmingham have allowed former Arsenal striker Quincy Owusu-Abeyie to return to Spartak Moscow after his six-month loan spell at St Andrews came to an end.

If I remember right they paid about £500,000 for the loan and needed to pay another £2million to buy him outright. So not that surprising, he hasn't looked any better than when he left us in the limited bits I've seen of him at Birmingham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:06 pm 
Acclaimed member

Birmingham end Quincy loan deal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 811982.stm

Winger Quincy Owusu-Abeyie has left Birmingham City after the club chose not to extend his loan deal. The Ghana international, 22, made 13 appearances and scored three goals for Blues after signing an initial six-month loan from Spartak Moscow. Birmingham manager Alex McLeish said: "His deal was an expensive one for just one player and we will now look to use the money to bring in new faces. "We thank Quincy for his efforts and wish him well for the future."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 pm 

BR wrote:
Birmingham end Quincy loan deal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 811982.stm

Winger Quincy Owusu-Abeyie has left Birmingham City after the club chose not to extend his loan deal. The Ghana international, 22, made 13 appearances and scored three goals for Blues after signing an initial six-month loan from Spartak Moscow. Birmingham manager Alex McLeish said: "His deal was an expensive one for just one player and we will now look to use the money to bring in new faces. "We thank Quincy for his efforts and wish him well for the future."

That doesn't surprise me BR... seen a few of his appearances for Birmingham and he was exactly the same as when we let him loose on the rest of the world. lots of huff but no puff. He was doing his twinkle toes bit with the odd step over thrown in but if Championship defenders aren't buying it then he's got no hope elsewhere. Shaem as I had really high hopes for him when he was coming through in the reserves and thought we'd unearthed a special one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 pm 
Acclaimed member

Shame he didn't make it at Milwall but he has a new chance at Soton
Southampton complete double swoop
Southampton have completed the signings of Ryan Smith from Millwall and Everton's Lee Molyneux.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 808323.stm

Winger Smith, 22, has agreed a permanent deal until the end of the season after impressing since joining the Hampshire club on loan in October. And left-back Molyneux, 19, has signed a two-and-a-half year deal at St Mary's after leaving the Toffees. Both players are expected to be named in the Saints' squad for Sunday's FA Cup clash with Manchester United.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:30 pm 
Acclaimed member

Former Arsenal starlet on trial at Spurs
Wednesday 14 Jan 2009 19:51:14 by Editor
http://www.clubfanzine.com/tottenham_ho ... p?id=17294

Ex-Arsenal prospect Quincy Owusu-Abeyie played in the behind closed-doors match this afternoon as he looks to earn a deal at White Hart Lane, according to Sky Sports News. The match was designed to give Spurs one final look at Stephen Appiah before reaching a decision on whether to sign the player (see our earlier news item) but it appears as if Quincy was also checked out in the friendly. The 22-year-old, who can play on the left of midfield or as a striker made five appearances for Arsenal before signing for Spartak Moscow. He has had loan spells at Celta Vigo and Birmingham, with the latter unable to extend his loan past the end of December 2008 due to financial constraints. Meanwhile, Sky Sports News are also reporting that Spurs’ £10m bid for Wilson Palacios has been turned down by Wigan.

Assembling a team of our cast offs?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:15 pm 
Acclaimed member

Sylvain Wiltord has joined Marseille on loan untill the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 pm 
Acclaimed member

Joined from who?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 pm 
Acclaimed member

BR wrote:
Joined from who?

Rennes.

I thought it was a six month contract as he was released by Rennes?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:07 pm 
Acclaimed member

Probably is i just caught it on SSN, i thought he was still at Lyon :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
Acclaimed member

Cardiff close on Villa goalkeeper
08:40 GMT, Friday, 13 March 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 941298.stm

Cardiff are set to bring in Aston Villa keeper Stuart Taylor on loan until the end of the season, the BBC understands. Taylor, a 28-year-old former Arsenal player, has played twice for Villa this season and is expected to complete his move to Ninian Park later on Friday. Promotion-chasing Cardiff's move comes after on-loan Coventry keeper Dimi Konstantopoulos' crucial mistake in the 2-0 loss to Norwich on Tuesday. Regular Bluebirds keepers Tom Heaton and Peter Enckelman are injured. Greek keeper Konstantopoulos was brought in on an emergency season-long loan after a loan spell at Cardiff's local rivals Swansea earlier in the season. He impressed at the Liberty Stadium, but Swansea failed to secure his services on a longer deal when bad weather meant they failed to deliver the paperwork before the closure of the transfer window. Cardiff's subsequent capture of the keeper was considered a coup, but a disastrous own goal on his Bluebirds debut cost his side a victory at Championship leaders Wolves. Cardiff manager Dave Jones called on supporters to show restraint towards the keeper after the error, but following his latest blunder at Norwich, Jones said of the first goal:
"It was a nothing through ball that should have been dealt with but Dimi hesitated when he should have put his boot through it and their player nipped in to score." Taylor is a former England Under-21 international who made 30 senior appearances for Arsenal and was once seen as the long-term successor to David Seaman. He made 10 Premier League appearances in the 2001/2 title-winning season, qualifying for a winners medal after going on as a substitute in the final match. The Romford-born keeper moved to Villa Park in 2005 on a four-year deal after slipping behind Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almnunia in the Highbury pecking order, but he has made just 17 first-team appearances for Villa. His two outings this season were both against Danish side Odense in the InterToto Cup.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:56 am 
Acclaimed member

Just touching on a couple of players above, I always liked Stuart Taylor as a goalkeeper and I always thought he would make a good career for himself in the Premier League. It hasn't really turned out like this but I hope he can go somewhere and just play because he has now spent his whole career to date as a bit part player.

As for Quincy, he is on loan to Cardiff and he came on the other night against Norwich. Quite frankly he is a shadow of his former self and is playing at the level he deserves. He showed none of the quick footed-ness and direct running he showed here and didn't really look interested in beating his man either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am 
Acclaimed member

Quote:
As Arsene Wenger hates English players and Martin O'Neil only buys "good, young , ENGLISH players non ?

O'Neil didn't buy him, it was O'Leary I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:29 am 
Acclaimed member

City confirm Taylor capture
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 31,00.html
23rd June 2009

Manchester City have completed the signing of goalkeeper Stuart Taylor from Aston Villa. The 28-year old former Arsenal stopper moves to Eastlands for an undisclosed fee and will provide competition for first choice Shay Given.

The former England Under-21 international spent the latter stages of last season on loan at Championship outfit Cardiff City and manager Mark Hughes is glad to have the experienced keeper on board. "We are delighted to be able to add a goalkeeper of Stuart's undoubted calibre to the squad," Hughes told the club's official website. "Stuart is still a fairly young goalkeeper at 28 but he provides a wealth of experience and reliability."

The cover will pave the way for promising keeper Joe Hart to move on loan to Birmingham, having played understudy to Given since the Irishman's arrival in January. Taylor has revealed the role Villa team-mate Brad Friedel played in the switch as it emerged the American shot-stopper recommended him to his former Blackburn boss Hughes. "I talked to Brad for some advice and he couldn't speak highly enough of the manager and his goalkeeping coach Kevin Hitchcock," said Taylor. "He has a high regard for Kevin as a person as well as a coach and I can't wait to start. "This is a fantastic club to be joining, a club that is going places with a great new owner and a manager I have a lot of respect for."

Taylor becomes the second Aston Villa player to join Manchester City this summer following Gareth Barry's ?12million switch earlier this month.

I had high hopes for Taylor i was disappointed we let him go as i felt at the time he looked really good when he filled in for Seaman and Rami Shabaan, he has done nothing since and i cant really see why he has made this move, at 28 ( :yikes: ) he would have been better of finding a no.1 spot at a Championship club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next