It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Manchester United
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 am 

Ferdinand publicly slagging off Moyes (again), probably needs to sell some more books. Indeed some baffling stuff if true. But anyway, Man Utd fans celebrate the public humiliation, and both them and Ferdinand forget that this incompetent, laughable guy they are ridiculing was - "chosen" by holy Ferguson.

So classless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 am 
Marketing & Enhancement

I love how crazy the media are going about United beating QPR. It was an alright performance and Di Maria played very well but QPR turned up, turned over onto all fours, stuck their arses in the air and shouted "Spank me! Spank me!".

I can't see United drawing many games this season, it's going to be a bit all or nothing with them. If nothing else they should be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:01 pm 
Acclaimed member

QPR were indeed pathetic. My concern if I was Van Gaal was until Man U scored from a freekick, they didn't have much threat about them. No tempo, no cutting edge, just quiet dominance against a supine team. Also had a few nervy moments at the back where Evans lost the ball.

Leicester will be more of a test.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:39 pm 

Magic Hat wrote:
Leicester will be more of a test.

Prophetic.

Man U spanked 5-3. Loved it at the end when Leicester were just playing with Man U in the corner of the pitch, some little flicks, a couple nutmegs, a lovely little game of keep away!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:10 pm 

Moyes actually had a better start to his season than van Gaal. He played Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool, Palace and City in his first five games and got 7 points. Van Gaal played Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR and Leicester, bagging 5 points. That's abysmal. Not to speak of the money that was spent on top of it.

Lovely. :chill:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:26 pm 

Surprised how they fell apart. Something seem to not be mentally right about them. Wonderful goal by Di Maria though, lovely chip.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 pm 
Acclaimed member

Man U's attack was quality at times, could sometimes drift but would then step it up and that should have made the game safe at 3-1. Their defence hadn't looked comfortable against Leicester who had performed decently but at 3-1, the talk should have been a relatively comfortable victory, Di Maria's goal was class.

Then Clattenburg decided to give a random penalty, they score and Man U collapse. Huge credit to Van Gaal for not doing what most other managers would have done, ie made it about the ref. Man U couldn't get on the ball and when they did, they panicked while when defending, they ran into each other and lost all sense of organization.

Full credit to Leicester for the way they put the pressure on 3-2 and their general performance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:50 pm 

I am in wholeheartedly in agreement with those on the forum who say Arsenal are threadbare in defense with 6 (perhaps 7) players covering 4 positions. On the bright side......at least we have 6 (perhaps 7) defenders more than United do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:50 am 
Trialist

Agreed completely...

Mike SA wrote:
I am in wholeheartedly in agreement with those on the forum who say Arsenal are threadbare in defense with 6 (perhaps 7) players covering 4 positions. On the bright side......at least we have 6 (perhaps 7) defenders more than United do.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:11 am 

Good for them to seal a deal so early on.

I've never seen Depay play. Of course he's dubbed the "Dutch Ronaldo", but what can we expect?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:20 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

Jules wrote:
Good for them to seal a deal so early on.

I've never seen Depay play. Of course he's dubbed the "Dutch Ronaldo", but what can we expect?

Failure, hopefully.

I've only ever seen him score decent free kicks on Twitter vine's so couldn't tell you.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 pm 
Acclaimed member

I haven't seen much Eredivisie in recent times, but I was watching around the time he broke through at 17 and 18, the guy has some serious talent.

I'd categorise him as a 'very probable success'. He's Van Gaal's Robben, in the absence of being able to land the man himself. He brings the pace and vertical dynamism to the Utd attack that they currently lack. He can take Young's position, he can take any of the more advanced roles. I'd expect to see him on Utd's team-sheet as standard once he is settled, probably even from the off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:00 am 

Really intriguing what's going on with De Gea right now. At this stage I'm not sure Man Utd. will sell him this season. He will either have to fight hard to win back his starting spot, or spend lots of time on the bench.

It's not like players cannot perform well after unsuccessfully trying to force a move - think of Suarez' last season at Liverpool, or Schneiderlin demanding a move and becoming Southhampton's best player in the next season, or Modric being refused a transfer to Chelsea and earning a move to Madrid the following season. But it's still optimistic that Man Utd. will ever see their old De Gea again, who has won them several games last season.

Man Utd. prove a point that Real cannot dictate the fee for a player but end up with a player that doesn't want to be there and lose him for free next year. De Gea is stuck in Manchester, but will actually want to play regularly with the Euros next year. Real just wait one more season.

I can only see one winner in all this, and that's Real.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:49 am 
Marketing & Enhancement

It is all quite strange, especially with Casillas being moved to make way for him - Real / Jorge Mendes must have been confident it would happen this summer.

Keylor Navas is a very underrated keeper anyway so I'm pleased he'll have a chance this season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:57 am 

Man Utd hit back at 'clumsy' Real Madrid over David de Gea
05/09/15 8:38am
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... vid-de-gea

Manchester United have hit back in their war of words with Real Madrid, comparing the Spanish club's handling of the David de Gea deal to a clumsy goalkeeper. A heated statement has been released after Real president Florentino Perez branded United's conduct in the deal as a "disgrace" and claimed their negotiating team "lacked experience".

A £29.5m deal for De Gea to join Real sensationally broke down at the last minute after the relevant documentation was received by La Liga 28 minutes after the deadline on August 31. United have repeatedly insisted they submitted all their paperwork by the midnight cut-off and that it is Real's fault that the deal did not go through.

And they reiterated on Friday: "The facts speak for themselves and the FA are prepared to back our case that the documents were in on time. Real seem intent to move the focus away from their own clumsiness this summer. We all like to blame others but if you let one slip through your fingers into the back of the net, then ultimately the culpability is yours."

United did not want to lose their player of the year but De Gea, who has only one season remaining on his Old Trafford contract, was intent on a move to the Spanish giants. The 24-year-old Spaniard has missed United's first six games of the season as a result of the saga but he is now in line to return after the international break.

Perez had earlier said about United's supposed delay in submitting the documentation: "It was a disgrace. I do not want to blame anyone, but we do not understand why they took eight hours to check the contracts or that they didn't open negotiations until 12 hours before the deadline."

The Real president also said about United's role in negotiations: "I think they didn't have bad intentions. I think they just lacked experience. It already happened to us [two seasons ago] with Fabio Coentrao and also happened to Athletic Bilbao with Ander Herrera [the summer before the Spanish midfielder made the move when David Moyes was in charge]. When this happens more than once and you see that all the operations that, according to the media, they have tried to do during the summer [which didn't go through], one believes that this happened because it is a new team with no experience."

What a classless mudslinging.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next