It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Manchester United
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:02 pm 
Acclaimed member

David De Gea signs a new 4-year contract:

"I am delighted to be starting this new chapter in my United career.

"I have always enjoyed playing with these great players in front of our fantastic fans. Manchester United is a special club and Old Trafford is an ideal place for me to continue to develop my career".

In the annals of football bullshit, that takes some beating.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:30 am 

:lol: Amazing level of bullshitting.

Hats off to Utd. though, I didn't expect De Gea to sign a new contract. Couldn't be in a stronger position now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:12 pm 
Acclaimed member

Does that mean that is was Madrid to blame that caused the issue with his transfer?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:40 am 

Mourinho deal to United held up because he doesn't own his own name, Chelsea do. :rollover2:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:38 am 

Confirmed as their manager. All over Sky Sports ad nauseum. Already, it's all about him. Utd had better get used to that.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 am 
Acclaimed member

And Ibrahimovic signs it will escalate even more.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:34 pm 

Yes, if Ibrahimovic goes there it will be insufferable to have to listen to. I do think that there is good potential for alpha dog conflict between the two once the honeymoon is over though, so there is some small reward to look forward to if it does happen. Implosions are a bit of fun when they happen to someone else (I'm looking at you Sp*rs).

How about the Mourinho and Matta reunion as well. Will Mourinho look to ship him out immediately, waste him on the bench, or will they pretend to get along for awhile?

Add in the propensity to ignore promising youngsters (I'm looking at you Rashford) and the leadership he showed last season at Chelsea (Does anyone think he learned from the experience and will make changes to improve himself?) and this is shaping up to not last long and end badly. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:47 pm 
Acclaimed member

Jase wrote:
How about the Mourinho and Mata reunion as well. Will Mourinho look to ship him out immediately, waste him on the bench, or will they pretend to get along for awhile?

He's a goner.

Even though he was shipped out of Chelsea at a time when they had a plethora of talented playmakers - and Utd don't have that depth of quality - I just can't see how Mourinho would suddenly feel he can fit Mata within his tactical outlook. If I had to predict one off-the-radar transfer this summer, I'd be tempted to put my money on Mata returning to Valencia, with Mourinho moving for Andre Gomes.

Their whole transfer policy will be fascinating. Mourinho needs help at rightback, centreback (can't see him deploying Blind there), central midfield, possibly wide, and definitely upfront. There are a bunch of players I would suspect don't fit Mourinho's ideas; Valencia, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, possibly Fellaini, Lingaard, Young etc.

The lure of Utd will entice players, but it will be interesting to see if they sign any real upper-level quality without Champions League. I always feel 'CL football' is overrated in this regard, but with so many clubs on the hunt for the upper-level talent - and the biggest consumers will be the Premier League clubs - Mourinho won't have it easy.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:23 pm 
Acclaimed member

I have always liked Mata, he is actually a player I would like to see here. I also do wonder if Rooney will be available this summer and whether Wenger would move for him?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:31 am 

Sky Sports report that Man Utd. are going to announce Ibrahimovic on a one year deal in the next days. Here's hope that he'll turn out to be another Di Maria or Falcao for them.

Probably the first signing Mourinho had a say in, and it tells you anything you need to know about their ambitions in player development while he's at the helm.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:17 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

Eric Bailly apparantly the next on their list, 32 mil for the centre back from Villareal.

Gabriel > Bailly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 pm 
Acclaimed member

Tubzinho wrote:
I also do wonder if Rooney will be available this summer and whether Wenger would move for him?

Jose wants to ensure fans back him, selling Rooney would not be a good start I suspect.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:07 am 

Man Utd. will announce Pogba in the next days. Paid what, 100m? 120m? Euros or Pounds? It doesn't really matter anymore, does it. :roll:

I'm not even convinced Pogba is that good. And it's funny that their transfers - Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic, Pogba - sound like a 12 year old playing football manager. But you know what, they get shit done. And they will be above us again at the end of next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:41 am 

Polar opposite from us in a way. They go out and get the deal done while we sit on our hands and wait for the leftovers and scraps. I mean this Holding deal for example. We had a bit accepted about a week ago and it's still not been announced as a done deal. We just faff about. Oh and they won't be the only ones above us next season Jules. I reckon if we get 6th we'll have done well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:48 am 

Jules wrote:
Man Utd. will announce Pogba in the next days. Paid what, 100m? 120m? Euros or Pounds? It doesn't really matter anymore, does it. :roll:

I'm not even convinced Pogba is that good. And it's funny that their transfers - Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic, Pogba - sound like a 12 year old playing football manager. But you know what, they get shit done. And they will be above us again at the end of next season.

Agree with you re: someone playing football manager :) However, I'm not so sure they will finish above us.

Mkhitaryan : Takes a season and a half to get comfortable in a new side.
Ibrahimovic : Ego and I don't recall him doing that well against English sides, certainly not recently, plus he's getting on a bit. Will the pace of our league find him out?
Pogba : Ego mark II and wasn't that great in the euros.

We have a very settled side, they are all change again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next