It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Tottenham FC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:54 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

Tottenham complete Crouch signing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 169170.stm

Tottenham have agreed a deal with Portsmouth to sign Peter Crouch for an undisclosed fee. The 28-year-old has agreed personal terms and passed a medical with the North London club. A statement on the Portsmouth website has indicated that Crouch's sale was dictated by financial issues affecting the club. Crouch is returning to the club where he began his career as a trainee after opting against a move to Sunderland.

Interesting signing, Harry has always liked playing with one big striker so that may be the reason. Fee is around £9mil apparantly, Pompey obviously in some financial trouble even with their new owners. What are peoples thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Summer Transfers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:03 pm 

That most probably means that Pavlyuchenko is gone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 pm 
Acclaimed member

I think its more likely that Bent will leave, though I can't quite envisage how Redknapp plans to keep all of Crouch, Defoe, Keane and Pavlyuchenko happy. I hope he does leave, as he's better than being messed around at a cluyb like Spurs, talented player.

Post subject: Re: Tottenham Start Summer Signings
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 am 
Acclaimed member

I think Keane will get a look in with Crouch and Defoe there. 3 Forwards on rotation. Bent is surely gone now and I wouldn't be surprised if Pavlyuchenko is let go if a bid comes in, maybe not until January though.

Is that now a trio of former players returning? Keane and Defoe resigned and, i could be wrong, but wasn't crouch on Spurs' books as a youngster?

Typical of the old enemy really!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 am 
Acclaimed member

designerx wrote:
Is that now a trio of former players returning? Keane and Defoe resigned and, i could be wrong, but wasn't crouch on Spurs' books as a youngster?

He was an ex-trainee, never played for them though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 am 
Acclaimed member

designerx wrote:

Chimbonda was also brought back, in January I think. Looks like he'll be sold on though.

Here's hoping Harry makes a move for Gary Doherty, Chris Perry and Vinny Samways.

Last edited by Albo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 am 
Acclaimed member

strange but true, i don't care much for spurs, but surely they cant afford another summer spend of £50-60m can they? they need at least 2 centrebacks and another winger still, buying crouch will force them to sell (bent) before they can buy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:44 am 
Acclaimed member

Spurs actually started their summer signings with Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker, young full backs from Sheffield United.

In regards to Crouch its not a signing that is going to take them to the next level so im happy, it also makes it less likely that they might sign Huntelaar who could prove to be a revalation their.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:56 am 
Acclaimed member

StuartL wrote:
What was the point in resigning Keane, to then have Crouch / Defoe combination together again as Keane won't get a look in - not that I give a damn.

I think he'd be more likely to play Keane, even though he paired Crouch and Defoe in the past. Didn't Redknapp give Keane the captaincy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:01 pm 
Acclaimed member

Dicko wrote:
Spurs actually started their summer signings with Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker, young full backs from Sheffield United.

Are they not both right backs as well? Walker, Naughton, Chimbonda, Hutton, Corluka....How many do they need?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:25 pm 
Acclaimed member

I thought Walker was a centre back?

Post subject: Re: Tottenham Start 'Major' Summer Signings
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:30 pm 
Acclaimed member

Location: Eboue's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Eboue
there's no doubt he is a spud through and through

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:59 pm 
Acclaimed member

Dicko wrote:

Days after that, Walker suddenly realized what he had done in the 85th minute against Ukraine and he truly became a Spurs defender, making two horrible errors

I hear Dos Santos has had a brilliant tournament for Mexico but I suspect it is too late to earn way back into Spurs team and wonder how much Happy Harry keeps an eye on such things. With Spurs, it isn't that they sign bad young players but they seem to somehow destroy their careers so I fear for the two Blade defenders, Huddlestone and Dos Santos chances now

It amazes me that Spurs are trying to recoup the fee's they paid for Bent, a good striker but never 16 million even back then, and Pav even though everyone knows Spurs are desperate to get rid of them after Harry, the awesome man manager, has upset almost all his strikers. Just let Bent and Pav go for what Spurs can get and concentrate getting in a centreback to at least cover the next 6 weeks and look to balance the squad. Crouch is a good addition since it is clear being top scorer doesn't impress the man who has nearly bankrupted Portsmouth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:43 pm 

Location: 150 Miles away from home, down a backstreet called the M4
LMAO these idiots gobbing off already just because they've signed Crouch,it's officially started they are going to finish above us next season!?

You would have thought thet even they would have learn't their lesson by now......Idiots :headbang:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 pm 
Acclaimed member

Who cares, he will score a couple of goals, and become a Spurs legend. Its still Spurs, who cares. Decent player but nothing special, and not someone who is going to sort them out in the league

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 515 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next