It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Premier League 2016-17
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:59 pm 
Acclaimed member

The combined egos of Guardiola and Mourinho in the same league next season - delightful :roll:

What treason have we committed to deserve this.

Post subject: Re: Premier League 2016-17
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:18 am 

Was talking to some friends about this tonight. I didn't think I could dislike Utd any more but with that preening nimrod in charge, I really can. The press conferences next year will be truly nauseating, what with fuckwitted pre planned metaphors of eggs, little horses and other sound bite bollocks.

If Arsene chins the guy, I will forget how I hate chavvy violence and cheer him on.

It's hard to feel too much sympathy for outgoing managers when they need never work again, but the way these two have conducted their own interviews and appointments in public, leaves a shitty taste in the mouth.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 am 

I think it's fitting that Mourinho's tenure begins with the completely classless act of throwing van Gaal out on the evening of him winning the FA Cup. Tells you all you need to know.

The following seasons are going to be absolutely unbearable.

I thought Guardiola alone would be bad enough, and then comes Mourinho - at Man Utd, no less! Two huge egos gracing us with their antics. I'll stay away from any press conferences, I can say that much.

The only thing funny right now is the mental gymnastics Man Utd fans perform in order to persuade themselves that, for the third time now, this is "the one". :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:27 am 
Acclaimed member

Well the third year will be hilarious and at least the press know where to find Jose if tribunal goes against Chelsea. Meanwhile if I was agent of a young Man U player, seeking new club for my client would be a priority.

Van Gaal didn't do enough to keep his job despite some things he did well, I suspect the board really didn't want Jose but feared replacing Van Gaal with someone other then Jose. That is not a healthy position for Jose or the club.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:30 pm 
Acclaimed member

Magic Hat wrote:
Meanwhile if I was agent of a young Man U player, seeking new club for my client would be a priority.

This will be interesting.

Martial may excape the cull, but can you imagine Mourinho putting his faith in Rashford? The other youngsters who have impressed - Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson - forget it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:09 pm 
Acclaimed member

He might stick with Rashford for political reasons, home-grown popular player and all that. Lingaard could find himself shoved down the ranks and I strongly suspect Martial's development will be stalling rapidly

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:50 pm 
Acclaimed member

It will be interesting to see what happens at both Manchester clubs. Neither Mourinho and Guardiola are inherent squad builders in my opinion, preferring to take over and add to a solid base already at the clubs they have previously managed. Both clubs don't really have that base and require their squads refreshing so it will be interesting to see how both coaches go about that, whether actually they look at younger players and build for the future or (and more likely in my opinion) whether they purchase ready made 25-30 year olds for a short 3 year period of success before they leave their respective clubs. Both coaches are also hardly the most prudent managers in the transfer market and have wasted big money on players who have either not been good enough, have not integrated with the squad or were not given time to integrate into the squad.

Either way, if Arsenal get their house in order and actually buy the players we need, we shouldn't be daunted by either of these clubs regardless of their activity next season, even though the press will have it that Man City and Man Utd will be miles ahead of everyone next season and will go through the season being practically unbeatable because of their coaches.

I also expect in the coming days Ibrahimovic to announce United as his new club.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm 
Acclaimed member

I can't see anything other than a record-breaking summer.

Mourinho can't survive without playing at an advantage financially and Utd will undoubtedly put a vast amount of money at his disposal. Not a chance Guardiola enters the season without radically reshaping his defensive options, likely midfield and possibly upfront too. We are making moves; Klopp will be spending; Leicester will have to spend; West Ham have already signalled their intent with the £31m Lacazette bid; Chelsea could easily make moves; Everton may just do so under new ownership.

The only austerity I can imagine in the top echelon of clubs is at Tottenham, with their stadium on the horizon, and Southampton, who will likely play within their limits (but may use some of the resources stockpiled in the past four windows to entice Koeman to stay).

With the transfer window condensed by Euro 2016, it could be a crazy end to the summer.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:36 am 

I'm already picturing Mourinho's first press conference love-in, with all the media people in the room over emphasizing their loud laughs, in the biggest cringe-fest ever.
:barf:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 pm 

Argentina want to speak to Pochettino :chill:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:27 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

Man City continue their spending with the £37m purchase of Leroy Sane.

Very exciting, talented prospect. Do you rate him Jules?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:30 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

Everton appear to be close to signing Ashley Williams, Gueye (from Villa) and potentially Witsel if he doesn't go to Juve.

Transfer market is still pretty quiet though, not much else happening (apart form Pogba containing to troll United fans.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:56 am 

-Jk- wrote:
Man City continue their spending with the £37m purchase of Leroy Sane.

Very exciting, talented prospect. Do you rate him Jules?

Yeah, I definitely rate him. As you say, he's an exciting talent. He has his head in the right place. He can play very direct and is rather someone who dribbles than crosses the ball. A good fit for City's line-up. Under other circumstances I would have said that this move comes too early for him, because he's not yet consistent in his performances and still a bit raw. Schalke was exactly the right level for him to develop. Guardiola might actually let him play though, so we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:27 pm 
Acclaimed member

With City signing Gabriel Jesus today you wonder where all of these wide players Guardiola has will fit in. Will players like Sane and Sterling actually get much game time?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:02 pm 
Marketing & Enhancement

Woody wrote:
With City signing Gabriel Jesus today you wonder where all of these wide players Guardiola has will fit in. Will players like Sane and Sterling actually get much game time?

Think he's one for the future, well he definitely is as he doesn't sign until January.

I think Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne and Nolito will be fighting for the wide positions, Gabriel Jesus will be one for the future with Navas and Nasri on their way out.