It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Champions League 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm 
Trialist

Having seen the first round matches, who are your early tips to win the Champions league this year? :-)

Post subject: Re: Champions League 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 am 

Too early to tell really. I think it depends on the quarter final draw, e.g. if Man City draw Man Utd as to whether or not an English team gets far. Spurs may have won tonight but Dortmund should have been well ahead at half time and will have players back for the return game, and Real Madrid could well be two defeats.

Due to the spending and firepower, I wouldn't be surprised to see PSG win it, maybe against an English team in the final.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am 
Acclaimed member

I quite fancy PSG.

Not so much for the spending, but the fact they are a proper team front to back; good defence, robust midfield, and now a strikeforce which has been sprinkled with stardust. They should have rolled further last season, but for the collapse against Barca, and I think that combined with the fact they now have a few years' experience of the Champions League will see them as strong contenders.

I also fancy Napoli to run deep into the competition. They are too free to win it, but I watched them throughout last season and they are an awesome side to watch in attack, and have an incredibly balanced team. Also tipped them to win Serie A this season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 pm 
Trialist

Yes PSG do look pretty irresistible but they have always bottled it over the last few years despite looking pretty good.

It would be nice to see someone different win it though, I'd quite like to see Juventus do it and for Roma to get to the latter stages, they are a club I have a soft spot for :-)