Post subject: FA Cup Arsenal vs Lincoln City
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 am 

Arsenal v Lincoln City
The Emirates FA Cup 6th Round
Saturday 11th March 2017
Emirates Stadium
Kick Off: 17:30pm
BT Sport

I'm all Wengered out even if the press are not, don't think they even bothered to ask a single question about the actual match at the press conference yesterday.

Look's like Welbeck, Iwobi and Ozil are still a bit pewkey and might miss tomorrow.

I seem to remember the Lincoln forward is a bit of a huge old lump so maybe Mertesacker might be worth playing tomorrow?

We're not going to mess this up are we?

Post subject: Re: FA Cup Arsenal vs Lincoln City
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 pm 

block132 wrote:
Arsenal v Lincoln City
Saturday 11th March 2017
Emirates Stadium
BT Sport

I'm all Wengered out even if the press are not, don't think they even bothered to ask a single question about the actual match at the press conference yesterday.

Look's like Welbeck, Iwobi and Ozil are still a bit pewkey and might miss tomorrow.

I seem to remember the Lincoln forward is a bit of a huge old lump so maybe Mertesacker might be worth playing tomorrow?

Can you imagine it. I honestly think even his position would be untenable if we did mess up, I can't see how he would have the nerve to stay, and even our board would surely have to question his position. I'm sure there are some in the "Wenger out" camp who may even want this, as much as I want a change, I don't want the indignity of a so called top Premier League side getting knocked out by a non league team.
I'd like to see Holding get a game because he usually puts in a decent showing. Surely Perez has to get a crack as well. I really don't understand how Giroud gets the odd start and he doesn't.
They just have to turn up and show a bit of the right attitude.
Failure just doesn't bear thinking about.
I gather there's no replay if it's a draw, that's a new one, not sure I like the idea personally having grown up in the days of 2nd and 3rd replays

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:41 am 

manuhater wrote:
block132 wrote:
Arsenal v Lincoln City
Saturday 11th March 2017
Emirates Stadium
BT Sport

Can you imagine it. I honestly think even his position would be untenable if we did mess up, I can't see how he would have the nerve to stay, and even our board would surely have to question his position. I'm sure there are some in the "Wenger out" camp who may even want this, as much as I want a change, I don't want the indignity of a so called top Premier League side getting knocked out by a non league team.
I'd like to see Holding get a game because he usually puts in a decent showing. Surely Perez has to get a crack as well. I really don't understand how Giroud gets the odd start and he doesn't.
They just have to turn up and show a bit of the right attitude.
Failure just doesn't bear thinking about.
I gather there's no replay if it's a draw, that's a new one, not sure I like the idea personally having grown up in the days of 2nd and 3rd replays

Nah, I can't imagine it. I'm going for a convincing win and I fancy a little flutter on Ramsey to score two or more.

I agree re Perez I wonder what he has done wrong to not get more starts, maybe he's just not showing enough in training... ???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:43 pm 

The Lincoln players may have more passion pride and balls than anyone at Arsenal but that simply won't be enough to get anywhere close to us with the technical ability and fitness of our players. Even if we play our reserves I expect us to win by a margin of at least 4 goals.

Arsenal have taken some mighty spankings of the past 5 years and Wenger is still here... the only thing that might make his position un-tenable is dropping out of top 4 - even then people will be saying Arsene is the best person to get us back into top 4!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm 
Acclaimed member

Half time, 1-0.

For a team with no plan mired in low morale, it wasn't too bad, by which I mean we didn't cock it up.

Good clever work from Theo for the goal and he's generally looked bright as he did against Bayern, I like the positions Ramsey's coming in though his finishes are awkward.

Never change English refereeing/commentary, "Oh that guy just smashed Alexis like he boasted he was going to before the game, hahahaha! I mean it's a foul, but hey!"

Xhaka just can't seem to do anything these days. Bendtnerlike first touches, and the team setup never gives him any opportunity to even try to pick a pass.It's like we're just using him as a Coquelin that can't tackle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 pm 
Acclaimed member

That second commentator - I don't know who he is - need to be swiftly handed his P45, never to 'commentate' on another professional football game again.

Excellent second half. Wore Lincoln down with our switches of play in the opening forty-five, and then brutally dispatched them as they tired.

Last edited by LoneGunner on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:29 pm 
Acclaimed member

Well hey, job done. :wave:

I'm firmly in the "dear god, just start Lucas already" camp, but he was poor tonight. I don't know - most of the time he's been great coming on, and surely he can't be expected to be sharp every time when he's used like this. Touch wood, is this Park v2.0? Why did you buy him, Arsene?

More stupid and dangerous thuggery from the 'plucky underdogs' and more media idiots jacking off to it throughout. Nice to see Alexis jump over the smash idiot and curl one in, and nice to see Ozil give back what he got - and the linesman agrees! :lol: Hope nobody other than Ox is hurt in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:10 am 
Acclaimed member

Job done. Players seemed nervous for awhile which not suprising but we didn't give them many chances and Cech made a big save while we did create some big chances as Ramsey and Walcott peeled into gaps between midfield and defence for low crosses. We were helped by Farman's flapping a cross behind for the corner we scored from but we kept the ball alive and scored so credit to players. Having the lead seemed to relax our players and drain theirs, we played some lovely stuff and put on a bit of a show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:03 pm 

Yep, job done. Nervous start but got it together second half and dominated.

Quite impressed with Lincoln's work rate and organisation for the first 40 minutes at least.

I think they could go through the divisions if they keep that level up, just by quickly comparing them to Millwall's performance yesterday. I don't watch too much lower division football though.