It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Chelsea v Arsenal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 pm 
Acclaimed member

Not bad.

Even in the post-injurywreck era they've snuck up on us, and we were missing something like 6 or 7 players for tonight. Given that, and the dire state we're in generally, we put in a solid, disciplined shift and really gave few chances away. 0-0 in the first away leg isn't a bad result at all.

That is, if we could rely on ourselves to keep a clean sheet at home. But that's another story.

The real pity for us right now is how the distribution of creativity has declined. As mediocre as I always thought Welbeck was, he has been more invisible and pointless than ever recently, like a Theo Walcott who runs more but still makes no more a contribution. Iwobi will come through in the long term, or I hope he does, but right now his great run through the midfield then an utterly pointless toepoke into the arms of Courtois exemplifies his lack of end product. There's just nothing for anybody to feed off, and that makes everyone else - Wilshere, Lacazette, Alexis, etc. - worse.

Post subject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 am 

Location: Any true Arsenal supporter should know that they were originally a South London Club!
Good rugged display. Team looked very gritty today. I liked the aggression our defenders showed in the tackle and our tenacity in midfield. That's the one thing I feel we lack, aggression in these tough games. Back 3 were solid whic was very promising. Midfield looked very balanced until Wilshere went off. We then tried a more direct approach which is what I feel we need to do more often. Overall i'm happy with the performance.