All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Santi Cazorla injury thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:08 am 

Cazorla won't come back this season. :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 am 

Jules wrote:
Cazorla won't come back this season. :(

Typical! wonder what's his absence would have been worth points wise, probably 10-13 points, hahahahaha sorry couldn't resist. Gutted though for him and us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am 

Apparently we activated a one year contract extension for him in January. I hope he will come back to full strength - and for a longer period of time - once more. Such an important player for us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:15 am 

Having seen the horrible, truly horrible photos of the grafts as well as the dire predictions from the doctors, I'll probably have tears when/if he steps back onto the pitch for us. One of my favourite players since becoming a fan. He wouldn't have made us champions but I will always be of the opinion that we missed him dearly and with him in the side, last season would have ended with us higher than 5th.

I love you little man.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:45 am 

Wasn't to be; confirmed via media and the little man himself that he will leave when his contract expires in June.

Gutted, for him as a player and a person. Yet another player whose peak years were stolen from us through no fault of his own. Fans of other clubs would know far better, but I struggle to think of another team whose midfield suffered, due to almost a curse, which robbed key personnel of their best years more or less simultaneously.

Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky and Cazorla - their careers overlapped enough for them to have had the opportunity to been on the field at the same time, to learn from one another and to contribute. Cazorla as a provider to Aubameyang would still have been awesome.

Just how unlucky can a team be? On another site, there are a number of members who seem pleased he is off the wage bill and that it's the time out which has made him a better player in memorium, as opposed to reality. I don't buy that - he played 180 times for Arsenal and while I know he wasn't Messi, he was a hell of a player who gave his best, added quality and seemed to love playing.

Thank you Santi :cry2:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:38 pm 
Acclaimed member

Very disappointed not to see him again in an Arsenal shirt; both for him and us as fans.

The only crumb of consolation (albeit not for Santi) is that he's had a stellar career, whereas others had their ripped away before they really began. Any fan who can be happy that he's 'off the wage bill' needs a head check, and to watch that game away at Man City when he destroyed their midfield.