It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Arsenal 3 -1 Leicester
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 pm 
Acclaimed member

Was that not our season in microcosm?

Awful opening twenty minutes, could easily have been a brace down with a defence in shambles and a suicidal high line, before succumbing to a fortuitous own goal. Gradually worked our way back into it, equalised and then turned on the afterburners in clinical fashion, even though we could still have easily went behind again thanks to Ndidi's header off the bar when Leicester had barely had the ball in half an hour.

What voodoo imbued Alex Iwobi with the spirit of Garrincha? Let's hope he stays away from libations and hookers, unlike the bow-legged Brazilian. And speaking of the dark arts, Bellerin was up and down on that wing like an energetic whore hoping for a hefty tip.

3rd goal, sublime.

Win, lose, draw or almighty f-up - watching this team gives me joy. Rapid, transitional football with more than a hint of edginess to keep you behind the sofa.

Post subject: Re: Arsenal 3 -1 Leicester
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 am 

LoneGunner wrote:
Win, lose, draw or almighty f-up - watching this team gives me joy. Rapid, transitional football with more than a hint of edginess to keep you behind the sofa.

That's it isn't it? The enjoyment in watching Arsenal again, the ability to get the ball from one end to the other in less than half an hour and genuine pleasure on the faces of the players.
We've really ridden our luck this season and it will run out at some point (we're only in October!!) but I now have faith in the team to respond. Liverpool away could well be a thrashing and we really need to start games properly, yet Rome wasn't built...etc

9 games in, 21 points and hopefully that stupid 'be careful what you wish for' crap has been temporarily gagged if not permanently silenced.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 am 

Couldn't agree more: It's fun to watch The Arsenal again. And that's not because we're winning, but because the way we're playing is beginning to make sense. I've been waiting for this excitement to come back for years.

It's also great to see how individual players are improving.

Emperor, I am not sure that it is about luck at this point. You don't win 10 games in a row because of luck. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:34 am 

Should have worded it better; what I meant was that against Watford and Everton, they missed loads of chances against us and we got the benefit of the doubt against the latter with Auba's possibly offside goal, Cech passing to the Cardiff players more than once but them not being good enough to capitalise and avoiding a possible penalty last night when Holding seemingly handled.

I'm not turning into Adrian Durham, I know ten wins on the trot cannot be dismissed as lucky. I just meant a few teams have been very profligate when on top (especially in the 1st halves) and that won't always be the case. :sorry:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 am 

No worries, my comment was tongue in cheek! I know what you mean, although we've won 10 games in a row, there were little moments or longer spells in many of those games were things could have gone either way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 am 

Just a game isn't it? Prayers for Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, all who died and their loved ones.